Thursday, September 3, 2009

fam time

Took a quick trip up to the Bay this past weekend to visit my family. My dad has been asking me more often when I am going to move back home. So, I thought it would be good to have some quality time with the fam. Had fun taking glamor shots of my cats and my sisters. It was also my grandpa's 89th birthday, so I was delighted to spend time with him. Man. 89. That is a milestone!


















I tried out the 50mm lens this weekend. It was nice, and could tell the difference between the quality of my pics with using it vs. my kit lens. BUT, I had a sinking feeling that I wouldn't use it a lot since it shoots so close in, so I sent it back. Borrowing a 35mm lens now, so we'll see how that works out. 8 days 'til I leave for Japan, people!! Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I just wanted to say how amazing your photos are, and how absolutely cute your grandparents are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny....my dad asks me the sammme question, "when are you moving home..??" =P you can hang out at my house anytime...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoebe and Chibi do actually look very glamorous here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll love the 35mm. I love my 50 on my full frame :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics lisa! see, you're becoming pro already :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin the high contrast in your black & whites! just like mine! haha

    ReplyDelete