Tuesday, October 13, 2009

first

Last Saturday I did my very first engagement shoot with my friend Dorothy and her fiancé, Robert at Venice Beach. I was pretty nervous because I had never shot at the beach before, but with of Dorothy's enthusiasm to try different backgrounds and poses and Robert's camera lessons along the way, things turned out way better than I expected. It also didn't hurt that they were very comfortable in front of the camera. Hugs, kisses and all. I know it's pretty lame to admit this but...I'm really proud of myself. Here are some of my favorites from the day!

















It was also my first time shooting in RAW and editing in Lightroom. Pretty mind blowing. Now I just need to invest in a huge external hard drive. And find a student who wants to help me get a discount on Lightroom. :)

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE!! good job, lisa!! they're a beautiful couple too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job lisa! you were amazing!! and, it was so fun!-dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa. :) --Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the piggyback one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of them! But I'm not prejudice. I'm just there Auntie Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love both of the expressions on their faces in the piggyback photo. This is fantastic and doesn't look like your first time shooting for an engagement!

    ReplyDelete