Wednesday, October 14, 2009

send your recyclables!

Hi all, just wanted to let you know I'm still collecting recyclables to cash in at the end of this month! I'll be cashing in for IJM and Seattle Urban Academy (my auntie Sharon's school!!), so get me your stuff, especially if something like this happens to you:

Jennifer: higakichan
me: yes?
Jennifer: so
on sat
after the gym
i saw this homeless person
who was wheeling a cart full of recyclables
and i thought
well
i have all these things in my car
i could just give it to this guy who looks like he could really use it
so
i ran him down
opened my car truck
and yelled, "EXCUSE ME, SIR!"
"DO YOU WANT SOME CANS?!"
at which point
he bolted
took off, really.
booked it down the street
looking back at me
like i was going to kill him and stuff him in my trunk.
anyway
long story short.
i still have all these things b/c that man thought i was going to hurt him
me: omg

However, if a homeless person or someone in need does accept your recyclables, by all means give them to him/her.

5 comments:

  1. very cool of you to continue doing this. i'll match your october contribution! -Tracy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just emptied a bottle for you! We have a Whole Foods bag going for your collection.

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tracy!! I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lis. my roomie and i collect our recyclables together but she always takes them home (i think her parents cash them in). should i start a separate bag? daha.

    ReplyDelete